The holidays are the perfect time for families and friends to come together to spread cheer and give back. It’s something that I’ve been inspired to do with my own family for the last few years. I wanted to teach my 5 kids that the holidays aren’t just about getting gifts, it’s about finding ways to spread cheer and give back to others. I wanted my kids to see and feel the beauty and the joy that comes from making someone else happy during the holidays. For me personally – it’s been a joy to see how much it means to them to give back. I’m always inspired during this time of year to share with my readers ways to spread cheer and give back during the holiday season. It’s so important. It’s so special. It’s so needed right now, especially this holiday season.
I’ve partnered with Martha Stewart Living and O, That’s Good! (Hello, Oprah!) to showcase some ideas that I’ll be doing throughout the holidays to give back, but they also inspired me to have a last-minute pizza party at my house to kick off the holiday spirit! One way to really get into the holiday spirit in spreading cheer and giving back is to gather family and friends and do something together! Life gets so busy and sometimes you just need a great reason to bring people together and enjoy each other’s company. When you’re bringing family and friends together for a gathering, you need some fabulous FOOD! O, That’s Good! Pizzas are the PERFECT (I mean, PERFECT) item to have on hand throughout the holidays (and beyond) for your family and guests to dine on. They’re delicious and convenient! All you have to do is pop them out of the freezer into the oven and then you’re good to serve! I’ve always felt that food is that common thread that brings and ties a gathering together. When people sit down to eat, they’re sharing and laughing and talking and celebrating. It’s in these moments of being together that I love and cherish.
As Oprah says, “Everything’s better when you share it!”
I’m also happy to share that O, That’s Good! is doing something really remarkable in spreading cheer and giving back during the holidays! They are helping families in need in such an easy and inspiring way. When anyone purchases an O, That’s Good! product between November 4th and December 29th – Oprah and her team will donate a meal to someone in need through Feeding America. I love this because it’s such an inspiring way to do something for someone else. You can visit othatsgood.com to learn even more information about this extraordinary way to spread cheer and give back during the holidays.
Are you feeling inspired?
I want to share with you 24 other ways that you can spread cheer and give back during the holiday season, too! Start a master list and try to do as many of these things that you can during the next 2 months. Inspire your family and friends. Motivate others to do the same. Be dedicated to doing everything you can to give back during the holidays, I promise – it will make you feel so good!
1. Volunteer at a Local Boys & Girls Club – There are so many looking for volunteers to help out during the holiday season.
2. Shovel the Driveway for your Neighbor – An easy way to give back to someone you know personally.
3. Surprise your Child at School with a Special Lunch – You can spread cheer and joy to your child, too! Let me see how good it feels to get a surprise like this from you.
4. Donate Items to Your Child’s School – During the holidays there’s always requests for coats and gloves and hats, make sure you do what you can.
5. Thank Someone Today – Make sure you genuinely take a moment to thank someone in your life today.
6. Buy a Coffee for the Person Next in Line – There’s something extraordinary about a simple act of kindness and that sparks so much good!
7. Volunteer at a Homeless Shelter – This is something my parents started doing with me when I was a child and it really made an impact.
8. Donate Blood – This is a really great way to give back.
9. Donate Toys to a Local Daycare or YMCA.
10. Make Soup (or Deliver) to someone Not Feeling Well – We did this last year for a few people and it really made them feel special.
11. Volunteer at a Local Hospital – Hospitals are often looking for extra volunteers, check out what your local one is looking for during the holidays.
12. Take Something Off Someone’s Plate that is Overwhelmed – The holidays can be an overwhelming time, do what you can to help someone in need.
13. Call Someone to Check-in – This is a simple way that everyone and anyone can spread cheer and give back to someone in their lives.
14. Write Someone a Note telling them How Good they are at What They Do – Whether it’s a teacher, doctor, mailman, saleswomen… let them know!
15. Buy Lunch for Someone you Know is Struggling.
16. Give Someone an Inspiring Gift – Inspiration goes a long way, you never know when it’s needed.
17. Bring Blankets to a Local Shelter.
18. Donate Clothing to a Local Shelter.
19. Start a Toy Drive at a Local School / Shelter.
20. Coach a Local Youth Team in your Area – This is a wonderful way to give back to our youth.
21. Adopt a Local Family – This is something that is so wonderful to do for a family in need. They don’t need to know it’s you, but the impact is so meaningful.
22. Leave Water/Snacks out for UPS/FED EX/USPS.
23. Drop-off a Home Cooked Meal for a New Mom/Dad.
24. Take Lunches to People who Work over the Holidays.
As you can see, there’s so many ways to spread cheer and give back during the holiday season!
Again – I’m thrilled to share that you can easily do this by purchasing O, That’s Good! products between November 4th and December 29th – Oprah and her team will donate a meal to someone in need through Feeding America. Make sure you take part in this wonderful and beautiful way to give back!
Disclosure: This is a partnership with Martha Stewart Living and O, That’s Good!
The post 25 Ways to Spread Cheer and Give Back this Holiday Season appeared first on Stylish Life for Moms.